Netgear WN1000RP – WiFi Booster
Netgear WN1000RP is the ideal WiFi Booster for mobile devices and tablets. It boost your existing wireless network so you always stay connected as you move around your premises. With WN1000RP, experience ultimate mobility with constant streaming. Just connect it to the power supply and extend your wireless to new reach.
Netgear WN1000RP Features
- Enhance existing WiFi coverage – no need of additional gadget.
- Ideal for extending your network for mobile devices.
- Eliminate all the WiFi dead zones within the house and even outside.
- Reduces mobile data usages by connecting to WiFi while at home.
- Compatible with existing Wireless equipment and any standard router.
- Easy Installation with the help of browser, no setup CD required.
- Get optimal coverage with the real time LED’s locating the best placement spot.
- Works well with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and even WEP.
Netgear WN1000RP Setup Using WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on WN1000RP to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear WN1000RP Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
Netgear WN1000RP Setup – Netgear Installation Assistant
To set up your extender using the NETGEAR installation assistant:
- Turn on your extender.
- Place your extender close to your WiFi router.
- Plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button.
- Connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi – On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the extender network. When your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device is connected to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet – Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and go to mywifiext.net login page. If mywifiext.net not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
Prior to WN1000RP installation and setup , you must know the function of each of your router.
Link Status LED: This LED indicated the status of the wireless connection between the router and the extender. If this LED is solid green the connection has good strength. In case the LED shows solid red, the connection is poor.
Power LED: The power LED is lit when the gadget is connected to the power supply.
WiFi device Booster LED: This LED shows that the extender is connected to a computer or a mobile device.
Place the wireless extender near to the wireless router. Connect the extender to the power source and check the power LED. The power LED must emit solid green light. If not, press the power button.
Connecting the Extender to Network
Connect the extender to the network that you wish to extend. For this, follow these steps:
- Open a laptop or computer and connect to extender’s network using the WiFi network utility.
- After you connect your computer with the extender’s network, the WiFi booster LED will turns green.Now click on the web browser icon on the same device.
- The browser will redirect you to the Netgear Genie smart setup page.
- If not, then type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Type your username and passphrase in the prompted box.
- Select the network that you wish to extend.
- Provide the password for the chosen network.
- Create the SSID and password for the extended network.
- Click on save.
- Assign admin username and password for your extender management portal.
- That’s it, you have finished the setup now. Enjoy interrupt-free WiFi throughout your house. Also, you can place your extender wherever you wish to.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Because WN1000RP is dual band extender, it supports fastlane technology and here are the steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Common Issues During Netgear WN1000RP Setup
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- MAC address filtering errors
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on WN1000RP
- Nighthawk WN1000RP – no internet
- Nighthawk WN1000RP not working failed update
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Netgear Extender not working
- WiFi connectivity issues
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can’t login to Netgear WN1000RP extender
- WN1000RP drops internet connectivity
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Internet connected but not working
- Lost configuration CD
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
Troubleshooting Netgear WN1000RP Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear WN1000RP setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
WN1000RP Extender Technical Specification