Why Does my Netgear Extender keep Losing WiFi Connectivity?
WiFi Connectivity Issues
Do you need to stick to one particular place in your home to get the fast WiFi network speed? If yes, here is the solution which might put this problem to an end. Call our professionals experts to get rid of Netgear WiFi extender keep losing network connectivity issues to experience the seamless WiFi Internet speed in every corner of your home.
What are WiFi Connectivity Issues?
The problem in WiFi connectivity issues can be caused by poor or weak WiFi connections, hardware issues, or interference from nearby devices such as smartphones, microwave ovens, doors, walls, cordless phone, televisions, and other electronic devices.
Facing Netgear Range Extender WiFi Connectivity Issues? Here’s the Fix!
Let us have a look at some of the basic and easy steps that you can follow to fix the Netgear extender keep losing WiFi connectivity problem with your home WiFi router.
- Check the LAN and WAN network connections setup.
- Reset your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Re-configure your WiFi range extender.
- Reposition your existing home WiFi router.
Check the LAN & WAN Network Connections
Physical wired connections are the quite common culprit which can create WiFi network issues. So, firstly you need to check all the important network ports or access points of your home router to make sure that Ethernet cables are properly connected in the ports. Also, ensure that there is no breakage in wires.
- Check the router and Netgear range extender manual to ensure that the cable that you have used is of the right type. Always prefer Ethernet cable of category 5 or above.
- Ensure that devices are connected well with each end of the Ethernet cable and are turned ON.
- Connect another device that supports Ethernet like a Desktop or Laptop to check either the port of range extender and the router is working or not.
- If the port is not working, try to replace your range extender or router.
Netgear WiFi Range Extender Reset
Resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender is the last solution that you can do to make your WiFi running more effectively. Here are the steps to reset your Netgear range extender.
- To reset your Netgear extender, you need a pointed paper pin or similar object.
- Now with the help of paper pin, press and hold the reset button.
- After that pull out the button and try to reconnect your Netgear WiFi range extender with your existing WiFi router.
Re-configure your Netgear WiFi extender
If you are unable to re-connect your Netgear WiFi range extender with your home router, even after reset, Try to reconfigure your range extender.
- First of all power ON your Netgear range extender.
- Connect your range extender to the router with the help an Ethernet cable.
- Open any of your preferred web browsers and visit Netgear extender login web page.
- Enter the Netgear range extender login credentials.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to reconfigure your extender device.
- Once done, try to reconnect again your extender device with router.
Reposition your Home WiFi router
If none of the above-mentioned fixes work for you, try to reposition your router and extender to another place. Another method you can use is to try a long Ethernet cable to move your Netgear range extender and router away from thick walls, electronic devices, metal pillars, etc. which can cause radio interference.