Top 3 ways to update Netgear firmware without difficulty
Let’s ask you a question – What would be your first step when your extender slows down? Generally, users turn it off and on again to make it faster. Nevertheless, a gentle neglect to this slowdown can result in zero internet connectivity at your house or workplace. No matter whether you are using new extender setup or wireless router setup to enjoy a hassle-free internet access, it is essential to update Netgear firmware regularly to secure your smart devices.
Here, we will make you aware of the know-how to update the firmware on your Netgear device. Let’s delve in.
Advantages of upgrading the firmware
Keeping your wireless extender firmware up to date enhances the performance of your device. After a successful Netgear extender setup, make sure the extender is running the latest firmware version on it. There are various benefits of upgrading the firmware. A few of them are mentioned below:
- Comes with new features
- Fixes all types of bugs and errors
- Adds new mechanisms
- Incorporates the latest security features
That’s why you must update the firmware version on your device.
You need to make use of a computer having a wired connection with access point. In the absence of this, you will not get a reliable internet connection. The entire upgradation process requires a stable and fast network connection because even a minor interruption can make your device useless.
Netgear Extender Support – Update the firmware
The firmware is a set of instructions stored on the read-only memory of your Netgear device. It controls the behavior of your device. The firmware can be updated using either the check button, manual method or via Netgear genie software. All the three methods are discussed below:
Using check button
Netgear releases new firmware versions on the regular basis to improve the performance of its products. Once you log in to mywifiext.net webpage, a message will appear at the top side if any new update is available. All you have to do is simply click on that message to update Netgear firmware.
Here are detailed steps:
- Plug in the extender to a wall socket.
- Grab any smart device and connect it to internet.
- Launch any web browser on your device.
- Visit mywifiext.net login webpage.
- If the web address doesn’t work, use 192.168.1.250 IP address.
- Type the username and passcode.
- When the new dashboard appears, click on firmware option.
- Finish the processing by hitting check button.
- A confirmation pop-up will come into view. Just hit yes.
Once done, let the extender restart automatically. It can take some time, so have patience.
Want to update firmware on your own? Let’s have a look at the instructions:
- First of all, check the model number of your device.
- Navigate to the download center and type the model number.
- Download the firmware file on your computer.
- After that, launch an internet browser as per your desire.
- In the address field, type www.mywifiext.net web address.
- Go to advanced settings.
- The next step is to hit the firmware update option.
- At last, choose the downloaded file and upload it.
Bonus Tip: You can go through the Netgear WiFi range extender manual to determine the model number of your smart device.
Using Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
Netgear genie setup is also known as Netgear installation assistant. It also helps you in updating the firmware on your device.
- Access Netgear genie setup wizard and head over to router settings.
- Type the user ID and passcode.
- Hit firmware update tab.
- Click on next button.
- A pop-up message will appear allowing you to initiate the update process.
- Use high-speed internet connection and download the firmware update file.
- Visit mywifiext.net local web URL and upload the downloaded file.
For any issue, opt for Netgear extender support from our highly-experienced technicians. Just dial 1-866-504-8616 (Toll-Free).