Tactics to configure a Netgear EX7300 Range Extender using the installation assistant
This post provides you information on how to configure the Netgear EX7300 range extender using Web GUI (Graphical user interface). Read on.
To connect with the Netgear installation assistant, you have to:
Plug the range extender into an electrical outlet and wait for a few minutes for the Power LED to light solid green.
Note: If the Power light does not light, push the Power (On/Off) button once on your range extender.
Connect your device (computer or laptop) to Netgear EX7300 using a WiFi connection or wired Ethernet:
- In order to connect with a wired Ethernet connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on Netgear EX7300 to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
- In order to connect with WiFi, on a WiFi-enabled device (any), open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the range extender network.
- As soon as the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established successfully, the Client Link LED light will blink.
- Launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address field of an internet browser. When the new extender setup page displays – click on ‘New Extender Setup’ button – complete the fields on the displayed page and click on ‘next’.
- Now, verify whether the Access Point/Extender switch is set to ‘Extender’ or not. If it is, then hit the Continue button. Select the router’s WiFi network to extend and hit on ‘next’.
: If you do not wish to extend both WiFi bands, then consider clearing the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the ‘Password’ field, type your main router’s existing WiFi network password and hit the ‘next’ button. After that, set the network name (SSID) and password for your Netgear range extender and click on ‘next’.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the page to display a list of active and available new extender WiFi networks. Connect your WiFi-enabled device (any) to the new extender WiFi network using the Netgear extender SSID and password.
Note: In case you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your main router’s WiFi name and password. Also, make sure to connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the network before you click on ‘Continue’.
- Now, a message displays confirming that your extender is properly connected and ready for use.
- Now, click on ‘next’ button and when the registration page displays, complete the registration fields carefully and click on ‘Finish’ to complete the Netgear extender setup process.
Note: If you do not wanna register your Netgear device, then click on ‘Skip Registration’. But we recommend – you must register your device.
- When the Status page displays, unplug the range extender and move it to a new location. The location should be halfway between your main router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- Plug the range extender into an electrical outlet closer to your main WiFi router and wait for the Power LED to turn solid green.
- Reconnect your computer or laptop to the new extended network.
Test the new extended WiFi range by moving your computer or laptop to the area with poor connectivity:
Leave your networking devices in the dead zone and return to the range extender.
Check the LED light on Netgear EX7300:
- If the Client Link power light is solid green or amber, then your extended WiFi network can easily reach the area with a poor router WiFi signal and your network setup is completed successfully.
- If the Client Link power light is red, then your extended WiFi network cannot reach the blind spot.
Note: You must move the computer or a laptop closer to the Netgear range extender until the Client Link LED light turns solid green.
If you stuck at any point, then dial a toll-free number 1-866-817-4499 and ask us for Netgear extender support.