NETGEAR Genie Setup
NETGEAR Genie Features
NETGEAR Genie comes with cross-platform functionality i.e. it can be downloaded and installed on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. The app offers a number of benefits. A few of them are listed below:
- Lets you take prints from iPhone or iPads anytime, anywhere
- By using its EZ mobile connect feature, it helps you establish a secure network connection via smartphones and tablets
- Allows you to resolve all types of connection issues
- Compatible with most of the getaways and routers
- Enables you to perform a speed test on network
- Comes with parental controls
- Gives you the ability to create a guest network for friends
- Includes Ready Share function
Connect NETGEAR Extender to Router
Genie Setup page
NETGEAR Genie smart setup wizard is very useful to keep all smart devices connected with each other. Put the router in an open, neat, clean and dry place. Never hide it and do not mess its wires with others. Once you are sure about all these things, connect NETGEAR Extender with Router via Ethernet cable. After that, restart the entire system.
New Extender Setup
NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup Wizard
You can use the NETGEAR Genie Smart Wizard to complete the process of New Extender Setup. Open a browser and type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address bar.
The login page appears. Type the required details to proceed further. Mywifiext.net setup page will arise. Here, you need to click on New Extender Setup button. Finally, Netgear Genie Setup window will display.
The smart wizard lets you set up basic and advanced settings for the extender. Just follow the steps on screen by clicking on Next button.
Once you are done with NETGEAR Extender Setup, exit the browser window and open it again. Log in to mywifiext by entering username and password. Change in the settings according to your WiFi requirements.
Netgear Genie Setup Troubleshooting
Genie Wizard Continues to Appear Even After Extender Setup?
Once you successfully install your WiFi extender, the next step is to connect all your WiFi-compatible devices to the extended network and enjoy web browsing, online shopping, and much more. But sometimes, whenever you try to open any website on your web browser after the extender setup, you just see the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard, nothing else.
This issue comes into view when either your extender is not configured properly or the extender has disconnected from the main router’s wireless network. Whatever the case is, the following steps will help you troubleshoot Netgear Genie Wizard that continues to appear after installation:
- Power cycle your Netgear wireless extender and main home router.
- Disconnect your PC from the WiFi network and connect again after a few seconds.
- Launch an internet browser and re-run the Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
- Try clearing cookies, cache, and history of the web browser you use.
- Reconfigure your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Exit the current browser window; reopen the browser and try to browse.
That’s how you can stop the Netgear Genie wizard from appearing again and again while browsing the web. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our experts for a quick resolution.