NETGEAR Extender Setup
NETGEAR Extender Setup has emerged as the best technology to optimize the existing network and expand it to far corners. Most of the users are unaware of the fact that all homes have some places where router range can’t be reached. Such places are known as Dead Spots. However, NETGEAR Range Extenders throw dead zones away from the home or office. They are cost-effective and reliable. Also, these devices are very easy to set up.
So, buy a brand new range extender, set it up and start taking benefit from high-speed internet throughout the house or workplace.
Things to consider while choosing an extender
When you go to the market for buying a WiFi extender, you may feel quite confused about which one to buy as there’s a variety of WiFi extenders to choose from – NETGEAR EX8000 AC3000 WiFi Mesh Extender, NETGEAR EX7300 AC2200, NETGEAR EX6200 AC1200 etc. Of course, it is one-time investment to boost the home internet. So, one should make a wise decision before spending money on a range extender.
Don’t worry as we will help you find out the best device for you. Here are some important factors to consider while choosing a NETGEAR WiFi Extender:
- WiFi Standard: Check out WiFi standard of the main access point. Standards are like 802.11 a/g, 802.11N, and the latest one is 802.11AC.
- USB Ports: Some devices come with USB ports for the purpose of joining external hard drives and printers to share files.
- Ethernet Ports: You should purchase a WiFi Extender that has GE (Gigabit Ethernet) ports.
- External Antennas: Extenders with external antennas offer better coverage area as compared to devices without antennas.
- Frequency Band: It is suggested to go for dual-band (2.5GHz and 5GHz) extenders as they give superior WiFi range relative to single band.
- Audio Jack: In case you love music streaming, you must think about purchasing extender with audio jack.
- Budget: Most importantly, choose an extender which falls within your budget.
Make a note of these key factors and buy WiFi Range Extender accordingly.
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual
When you buy a new extender, it comes with NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual which makes New Extender Setup process easy. Basically, it is a hard copy that contains each and every step to install and configure NETGEAR WiFi Extender. Also, the manual includes the default username and password for login. But instructions in NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Manual can be very hard to understand. And most of the times, it gets misplaced or lost so you need to do Netgear password reset for the extender setup and configuration. Therefore, it’s recommended to take help from knowledgeable technicians who can be reached on our toll-free number 1-866-504-8616 and make the extender setup complete without much effort. Having experts’ advice and help will save you from a number of issues.
A standard guide for Netgear Extender Setup
NETGEAR Extenders can be used in two modes: extender mode and access point mode. When extender works in the first mode, it takes the incoming signals from router and then amplifies them. In the second mode, the extender works as a WiFi hotspot. There are two methods for New Extender Setup: manual or web browser setup and WPS method.
- NETGEAR Extender Setup using mywifiext.net
Follow the instructions below to set up extender via mywifiext.net setup page:
- Power on the extender.
- Connect WiFi devices to extender network.
- Launch any browser and navigate to mywifiext.net webpage.
- This will open New Extender Setup wizard.
- Select the router network.
- Click on Next button. This will show a list of available networks.
- Enter password and click on Continue.
- If the password is not working, go with Netgear Password Reset process.
- NETGEAR Genie Setup page will appear.
- Follow the instructions and click on Continue button.
- The next screen of finalize settings will appear. Just click on Finish button.
Now, you are ready to use the extender with ease. On the off chance that the Netgear Extender doesn’t work after installation, perform Netgear Extender Reset once.
If you are looking for any type of NETGEAR Extender Support, we have technicians who can help you out. Simply contact our technical experts at toll-free number 1-866-504-8616.
- NETGEAR Extender Setup using WPS Method
This is the easiest method for New Extender Setup. The full form of WPS is WiFi Protected Setup. After Netgear Extender Reset, all you have to do is simply press WPS button on extender. The extender gets installed. By default, the extender network name is same as that of router but with _EXT in the end. If you face any trouble during the process, opt for NETGEAR Extender Support. And we hold expert technicians who can resolve all your extender issues in an instant. Just pick up your phone and give us a call on toll-free 1-866-504-8616.