Netgear EX6400 AC1900 Extender
Netgear EX6400 AC1900 is a powerful dual-band WiFi mesh extender. With its mesh features, it is capable of delivering WiFi speed up-to 1.9Gbps. It blankets your premise with powerful wireless coverage from extreme right to extreme left. The best part is no new SSID or passphrase needed, there will be just one WiFi name for all of your devices.
Best Features of EX6400
Joins your existing WiFi and create a single powerful network for all of your devices.
- Smart mesh roaming technology auto connects your devices with the best available network as you roam around your premise.
- Get extended wireless network without the need of a unique name or password.
- Dual Band wireless range providing a blazing wireless speed of 1.9 Gbps.
- Compatible with 802.11ac and b/g/n standard wireless devices.
Netgear EX6400 Hardware Specification
Prior to WN1000RP installation and setup , you must know the function of each of your router.
Link Rate Status LED: This LED indicated the status of the wireless connection between the router and the extender. If this LED is solid green the connection has good strength. In case the LED shows solid red, the connection is poor.
Power LED: The power LED is lit when the gadget is connected to the power supply.
WiFi device to Booster LED: This LED shows that the extender is connected to a computer or a mobile device.
Steps for Netgear EX6400 Installation
- Open the extender package and plug your wireless extender near to the router.
- This is to avoid interference during the setup.
- Check the power LED, it should be solid green.
- If it is not green, press the power button.
Netgear EX6400 Setup using WPS
Steps for setup using WPS button:
- Connect the extender to the power supply.
- Press the power button on the side panel.
- Wait till the status LED emit green.
- Now press the WPS button of WN1000RP.
- At the same time press the WPS button on wireless router.
- Once the WPS connection is established, the status LED will glow.
- You may now connect your device with the extender’s network.
Netgear EX6400 Setup using Web Browser
Connect the extender to the network that you wish to extend. For this, follow these steps:
- Open a laptop or computer and connect to extender’s network using the WiFi network utility.
- After you connect your computer with the extender’s network, the WiFi booster LED will turns green. Now click on the web browser icon on the same device.
- The browser will redirect you to the Netgear Genie setup page.
- If not, then type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Type your username and passphrase in the prompted box.
- Select the network that you wish to extend.
- Provide the password for the chosen network.
- Create the SSID and password for the extended network.
- Click on save.
- Assign admin username and password for your extender management portal.
- That’s it, you have finished the setup now. Enjoy interrupt-free WiFi throughout your house. Also, you can place your extender wherever you wish to.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Because EX6400 is dual band extender, it supports fastlane technology and here are the steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Common Issues During Netgear EX7500 Setup
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- MAC address filtering errors
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6400
- Nighthawk EX6400 – no internet
- Nighthawk AC1900 EX6400 not working failed update
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Netgear Extender not working
- WiFi connectivity issues
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6400 extender
- EX6400 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Internet connected but not working
- Lost configuration CD
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear firmware update properly.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX7500 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX6400 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
EX6400 Extender Technical Specification
|WiFi Tech and Range||AC1900 Dual band Range|
|WiFi Band||Dual Band 2.4 & 5GHz|