How to access the Netgear Nighthawk extender login page?
Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extenders are the superior choice for those users who want to boost their home’s WiFi network. With Netgear extender setup via Netgear Nighthawk extender login page, you can get the high-speed internet in every nook and cranny of your home.
Unlike other WiFi extenders, the Netgear Nighthawk keeps the same WiFi/network name and security key/password you already have.
Once you have set up and install your WiFi range extender, you can log in to it to view and change the settings.
To access the Netgear Nighthawk extender login page:
- Open a computer or laptop.
- Connect it with your range extender’s WiFi network.
- Once done, pull up an internet browser (any) of your choice.
Note down that your main WiFi router and Netgear WiFi range extender might have different network names (SSIDs). Please verify that you are connected to your extender’s network.
- In case you did not enable or turn on the One WiFi Name feature, please type www.mywifiext.net into the address field of your internet browser.
If you have enabled or turned on the One WiFi Name feature, then please enter the default web address into the field of the address bar of your web browser.
Once done, hit enter on your keyboard.
- Enter login credentials. Please note down that your admin name can be a valid email address of yours.
- Click on Log In.
A Status page will display.
Click on the menu icon and when the range extender menu displays – select the ‘Settings’ to view and adjust your Netgear WiFi extender’s settings.
How to enable or disable One WiFi Name on Netgear Nighthawk Range Extender?
- Connect your computer or a laptop to the range extender’s WiFi network and after that, load up a web browser onto it.
Log in to your range extender:
- Enter the valid and correct username and password and click on the Log In button.
- After that, when the Status page displays select Settings and then the Wireless option.
The Wireless page will now display.
- Select the ‘Yes’ button and if this is the first time you’re enabling the One SSID (WiFi Name feature), then it is advised that you must run the ‘Smart Setup’ process.
- What you have to do is to go to the Status page and click on the ‘Smart Setup’.
- If you want to disable the One WiFi Name (SSID) feature, then select the ‘No’ button.
Note that if you disable this feature, then you can set a new and unique SSID (network name) and password for your range extender’s 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks in the Network Name (SSID) and WiFi Password fields. By doing this, the mesh functionality will be disabled.
- To apply the entire settings, click on the ‘save’ button.
For the default IP address and login credentials of your range extender, please refer to Netgear WiFi range extender manual.
If you cannot access the login page, just apply the following tips:
- Place your extender and the router in the same room.
- Clear cache and browsing history prior to accessing the web page.
- In case you still face any issue, then restart your computer or laptop and login via another browser.
- Be certain that your computer or laptop is connected to the range extender properly.
- Make sure that you have the correct URL along with the login details.
- Ensure that you typing the URL correctly not into the search bar, nut into the URL bar of your internet browser.
- Perform Netgear firmware update on your device.
Assign your PC a static IP address
- Prior to changing any network settings, it is recommended – please note your current Router (Mac) or the Default gateway (Windows) address.
- Use the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the IP address 192.168.1.249.
- For brief information about setting up static IP addresses, contact via chat.
If any problem troubles you, get in touch with our expert technicians.