How Do I Set Up Netgear WiFi Extender?
Netgear WiFi range extenders boost the existing WiFi signal and improve the overall signal quality even over long distance. Due to certain barriers, the router’s signals fail to reach those areas where the internet connectivity is must. That’s where, Netgear extender setup helps a lot.
Netgear extenders eliminate the dead regions from your home and provide you throughout internet connectivity. If you are looking to set up Netgear WiFi extender, this post is worth reading to you. Here, we will make you familiar with the complete steps for your WiFi extender setup. Scroll down to read more.
Prerequisites to Set up a Netgear Extender
For problem-free Netgear extender installation, you must have the following requirements:
- Place the extender as well as the router in the same room.
- Next comes a proper power supply to the extender.
- An accessible internet connection
- A web browser. It’s suggested to have more than two web browsers installed on your computer or laptop. In scenarios when you fail to log in to your Netgear extender due to web browser issue, you can use another one.
So these were must-have things prior to setting up your range extender. Now, you can go ahead with the setup steps given below.
Case I: If Your Netgear Extender has an Ethernet Port
Firstly, you need to check the Ethernet port on your extender. If it is present on your WiFi range extender, go with the following instructions to make it up and running:
- Switch on your Netgear wireless extender after plugging it into a power socket.
- Now, connect your extender to a computer or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that your PC or laptop is having an accessible internet connection.
- Open any web browser you like and go to mywifiext.net web address. If mywifiext not working for you, get instant help from the experts and complete your extender setup without any issue.
- A new login window will display.
- Here, you need to enter the username and password.
- Click on the new extender setup button.
- A form will open prompting you to enter the necessary details.
- Once done, click on next button.
- Go to wireless settings section.
- Choose a WiFi network you wish to extend and click next.
- Enter the network password to proceed further.
- Set a new network name and password for the extended network.
- Click on Continue button.
- Lastly, click on Finish button to complete the Netgear extender installation.
Thus, you can install and configure your Netgear extender having an Ethernet port. In case of any difficulty, connect with our experienced technicians.
Case 2: If Your Netgear Extender Doesn’t have an Ethernet Port
If you own a Netgear WiFi extender without an Ethernet port, walk through the instructions mentioned below to set it up:
- Reset your extender to the default factory settings.
- For resetting, press and hold the reset button on your extender.
- Thereafter, it will reboot automatically.
- Now, connect your Netgear WiFi range extender via WiFi.
- Access mywifiext.net login page using a web browser.
- Complete the required fields with username and passphrase.
- Hit the login button.
- You will now be accompanied by the Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
- This wizard shows you on-screen steps for Netgear WiFi range extender setup.
Your extender is now all ready to use. Connect all your wired or wireless devices to the extender’s new network. On the off chance that you find any issue while setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender, feel free to contact the experts.